Google has announced a new update related to Avg. Position, From 30th of September 2019 google will no longer showcase the Avg. Ads position.
What is Avg. Pos in Google Ads?
The search results above the organic search results are known as Google Ads, The position of Google ads depends on the Quality Score of the Ads and Bid Amount. The Quality Score is calculated on various factors out of which the key factor is Ad relevancy with the search term. The Avg. Pos in Google Ads means in which position our ad stands compared to our competitors. Google always tries to provide the best relevant search results to the user therefore the Avg. The position of ads is ranked on the basis of Relevancy and the bid amount.
Google introduced the new metrics to analyze the competition after which, The Avg. Pos metrics are not useful for users therefore Google has decided to remove the Avg. Pos option from Competitive Metrics. These New Metrics provide us the information on the following basis:
- Search Top IS: Number of impressions that advertisers receive on 1st position.
- Search ads. top IS: Search Absolute top impression share is the percentage of advertiser ads in the leading position.
- Search Lost IS ( Rank ): These metrics let advertisers know that How many times the advertiser ads did not get displayed due to the better ad rank of the competitors.
- Search Lost Top IS (Rank): These metrics let advertisers know that How many times advertiser ads not even appeared at all above the organic search result due to ad rank.
- Search Lost Abs. Top IS (Rank): These metrics tell How many times advertiser ads were not on top position.
- Search Lost IS (Budget): These metrics tell How many times advertiser ads did not appear due to low budget.
- Search Lost Top IS (Budget): This metrics helps the advertiser to understand that how frequently your ad did not appear above the organic search due to low budget.
- Search Lost Abs. Top IS (Budget): This metrics helps advertisers to understand that how frequently the ad did not appear in the first position due to low budget.
For any query related to new Metrics of google or to know more about any particular metrics contact us through the query form, We will help you by providing detailed information in easy to understand language to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading!